Children and teenagers growing up alongside problems such as domestic violence, poverty, identity issues, etc. need a mentor more than anyone else, and left to their own devices, may not get one.
Meet Our Group of the Month
Our featured group this month, Big Brothers Big Sisters Canada, carefully matches them with just the right mentors to provide support and guidance, broadening their experiences and giving them a consistent and trustworthy confidante. These young people gain confidence and grow into their full potential.
After 18 months of spending time with their Big Brothers and Big Sisters, the children in the BBBS program–compared to children not in the program–were:
- 46% less likely to start using drugs
- 27% less likely to start drinking alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 37% less likely to skip a class
- 33% less likely to engage in physical violence
Every $1 invested in Big Brothers Big Sisters returns $18 – 23 to society.
Don’t Miss Our Video of the Month
Check out our 3-minute video this month about Big Brothers Big Sisters Canada, featuring our CEO and his adorable daughter:
And remember, ContactsforLess.ca is the only website in Canada that lets you:
- Order your contact lens online
- Save 70% or more on low prices
- Donates 51% of net profits to the charity YOU choose!